Love the snail terrarium we have set up at the shop? Now’s your chance to make your own!
Join us for a Bioactive Snail Terrarium Workshop happening on Saturday, February 17th at our new event space, The Green Room, located at 320 E. Church St. Frederick, MD 21701!
In this class, you will be making a bioactive terrarium from start to finish to house a little snail friend. You will be given all the supplies needed to do this, as well as items to take home with you to help maintain the health of your terrarium and snail. These items include:
- A little live snail friend
- A large glass terrarium with cork lid
- Substrates such as soil, leca, and horticultural charcoal
- Springtails (super tiny insects that clean the soil and maintain terrarium health)
- Plant cuttings
- Cork Bark
- Little plastic dinosaurs for decoration
- Snail food
- A plastic squeeze bottle for watering and cleaning
- Terrarium tweezers to help place plants and food
- A snail travel cup with magnifying lid
- A pamphlet including all the information needed to keep your snail and terrarium happy and healthy
You will be given a very in depth guide on how to care for your terrarium, and most importantly, your new snail friend, as well as have time to ask any and all questions related to the terrarium and snail!
Please read before signing up:
- There are limited spots available.
- Please only sign up if you intend to care for your snail long term. In captivity, they can live up to 5 years. As cute as they are, they are living things that deserve your time and effort to keep them happy and healthy, and should not be treated like a fad or novelty.
- This class is geared mainly towards adults. If you are signing up a child, we ask that they are 15 years of age or older.
- We are not responsible for your snail or the babies they may produce once the class is over. Your pamphlet will include information on how to handle any babies your snail may produce. As always, we are more than happy to provide any guidance needed!
- Due to the cold weather this time of year, you cannot leave your terrarium in a parked car for any period of time. Please plan accordingly to keep your terrarium and most importantly, your snail, happy and healthy!
We can’t wait to celebrate our love of snails with you!
Questions regarding the workshop? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Tickets are non-refundable, but can be turned into store credit if canceled within 48hrs of the class. Thank you for understanding!
Register Now »